Well, the Google Duo for PC is a must. However, the problem is the application is only available for Android and iOS. So here is good news for you. There is a way to download and also install Google Duo for PC. Whether you guys are interested, even though you will not be using the official Google Duo application for Windows, then, by all means, keep reading.
- 1 Google Duo for PC
- 2 Features of Google Duo for PC
- 3 Download & Install Google Duo On Windows and Mac
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
Google Duo for PC
The Google Duo is basically the most recent application from the Google family. It was released last August 2016. Therefore, it is barely just over a year old. The application is a video calling app that focuses on delivering quality video reception on both ends. It is eventually optimized to work even in the lowest bandwidth of the network possible. Also, this makes visual communication possible even when the internet is scarcely available.
Basically, the Google Duo app best application suits those who prefer video calls, just like business interaction and family communication. We all know that mere pictures sometimes are not enough anymore, especially talk at the time when talking with our beloved ones. This is the limitation that Google is trying to break so that users will connect to people that matter to them.
Those not intimate with Google Duo are similar to other messaging applications just like Snapchat, Kik, Hike, & Imo app messenger. The huge difference is that this application focuses more on voice & video calls. Now, the application has no dedicated developed software version that can easily run on Windows. Therefore, we will provide you with a way to bridge this limitation.
|App Name :||Google Duo|
|Developed by||Google LLC|
|Current Version||Varies with device|
|Require Android||Varies with device|
|Last Updated||October 20, 2021|
|Rating||4.4 / 5|
|Total no of Ratings||8,298,847|
Features of Google Duo for PC
Now we will have a look at a few note-worthy features that can escalate your video calling experience.
Make secure & reliable calls
Well, Video calling is critical when you guys can’t be together in person and this has to be private and of high quality. The desktop version of the Google duo has end-to-end encryption. And they make sure that your video calling experience is not only clear and of good quality but interrupted. Also, Google uses high artificial intelligence in order to ensure a reduction in audio interruptions. Besides, you guys can get access to webinars, online training, remote support, and a lot more at the time you install the Duo app on your PC.
Knock Knock can be disabled
Before you fret about looking for anything you guys do not want to see from the other line, remember that only persons in your contact list can easily get Knock Knocks. You probably block the call of individuals.
You probably disable it entirely in the Settings Menu of the Google Duo PC app whether Knock Knock is not your thing. But, on an individual basis. You guys can not disable Knock Knock, so it’s Knock Knock or nothing.
Capture special & everyday moments
Video calling moments can also be special & we can also make special memories. If it’s your child’s birthday or a video chat with your husband whilst he is cooking dinner, also you can always take a photo whilst you are on the call. The moment that you guys captured can be saved on smartphones, tablets, and even Chromebooks. You guys can do this on group calls.
The more, the merrier
By a group calling on the rise, there has been a huge increase in the number of group calls on Duo. Earlier, you guys could only do a group call with up to 8 people. They have increased it to 12. Now you can have your morning team meeting with your team or even have a fun family evening whilst you are traveling or away from home.
There probably be times when you are trying to call someone. And they are busy somewhere or they probably not be able to attend the call. No need to fret– you can send video or voice messages to your family and friends once you can’t call. You guys can instantly share a precious moment – from photos to simple notes with some fun doodles. Also, you can save your sweet message to see later.
Blocking the unwanted
There are times when we probably have a few people in our lives that we probably not want to connect to. They probably be someone we do not know or a stranger attempting to get in touch. Also, you can always use the safe blocking feature so that you guys can stay safe from strangers trying to get in touch.
It’s a primary interface
The Duo app provides an extraordinarily straightforward and user-friendly UI. You guys will see the video call icons and your recent contacts before starting a call.
Once calling, you guys will see yourself, and the icons will hang up to silent audio, swap cameras. The other line’s video fills your screen, & that’s quite a lot.
Click the preview circle, and your perspective will swap whether you like your camera to complete the screen whilst using Google Duo on Computer.
Download & Install Google Duo On Windows and Mac
To make it work, you guys are going to need a tool in order to download and as well as run the Google Duo on your PC, and this tool is the Android emulator.
Many emulator programs are available online but in our opinion. The best one for the Google Duo application is the Nox App Player and BlueStacks; thus, we will suggest that you guys use any of the following to install it.
Before you proceed, confirm that your desktop PC or laptop has the following minimum requirements:
- Your PC must have at least a dual-core processor. Whether your processor has more than two cores, running it will also be a piece of cake.
- The other is the RAM. Based on the website of Nox Player and BlueStacks. They need at least 2 GB.
- After that, you probably also need to consider checking your hard drive space. Have at least 20 GB or more space in order to download and install both the Google Duo app and an Android emulator program.
- Whether your PC has already installed both .Net framework and Visual C++ Redistributable. In case not, you can go to the website of Microsoft and also download then install it. Whether you guys use a macOS, you don’t need to install it.
- Check if your drivers of GPU are installed or updated. Whether not, get the latest package from the manufacturer of your card. Also, it will also install DirectX and OpenGL when you guys update it.
- You probably need to turn on the virtualization whether you want a more comfortable and responsive emulator. It can also be found in the settings of your BIOS, but be careful at a time when modifying it because it can cause issues if you set an incorrect value.
After you perform the following, now you are ready to install an emulator program. You can select between BlueStacks and Nox Player.
Bu using BlueStacks Emulator To Download Google Duo On PC
BlueStacks (Android emulator) is the best and popular emulator. Lots of users love it because of its simplicity and ease of use. The Google Duo is also compatible with it and works perfectly.
In order to get this emulator work on your PC, you guys can follow the option below:
- First of all, you have to head to a new tab on your web browser. Then head to Google or Bing search engine. Find the BlueStacks and open its website.
- Download the installer of the BlueStacks. Confirm that you save the installer compatible with your OS
- Head to the BlueStacks installer, and it will show you the installation window.
- Then you have to read their terms and condition and accept it by tapping the “I Agree” box.
- Tap the “Install” button to start the installation on your PC.
- Your connection must be stable in order to install it successfully. Just because that the BlueStacks will connect to their servers in order to start downloading other parts of its program.
- Head back to your desktop and run the BlueStacks when you completed the installation.
- Once you run it for the first time, the Google Play Store will appear quickly. Use your account to login and connect to the Google Play Store.
- After that, head to the Google Play Store again and search for the Google Duo app.
- Tap the download or install button to start saving it to your PC.
- The (Emulator) BlueStacks will then create a shortcut of the Google Duo on your desktop.
- Double-tap its icon, and you guys can use the Google Duo app on your PC.
Installation Of Nox App Player Emulator in order to Run the Google Duo
The Nox App Player emulator is another amazing tool that you guys can easily use to run the Google Duo app on your PC. Whether you guys are having issues with BlueStacks, so you can use this emulator as an alternative.
To get it, read & must follow the instruction below:
- Head to your favorite search engine and then look for the Nox App Player. Since it is also popular, you guys will find it easily.
- Browse their official website & then download the installer.
- Head to the installer when you completed it.
- Must follow what the installer indicated on your screen to install it.
- After you install it, head to your desktop and go to this emulator.
- Look for the Play Store app and then run it.
- Login to your Google Play Store accounts to use it.
- Start looking for the Google Duo by using the search.
- Tap the “Install” or “Download” button once you saw it.
- Once you completed the download, so then check the home of your Nox Player emulator. You guys will see the Google Duo app installed here.
- Tap the Google Duo app and start by using it on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Congratulations, you completed the installation of this application by using the Nox App Player.
Download Google Duo APK & Install It
Well, another way to install the Google Duo on your computer is to use the APK file. Remember that you will still need an emulator to do this.
By using the Google Duo APK is an alternative method whether you guys are getting a problem on Google Play Store sign in or you can’t download from it. To use this method, must follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to download the Google Duo APK by looking for the internet and save the file to your PC.
- Now head to the emulator installed on your PC or laptop and run it.
- Tap the “Install APK” on the menu and then choose the Google Duo APK file.
- It will start installing it on your PC.
In this way, you guys can install the Google Duo for Windows or Mac PC even without the Google Play Store. However, using this method will stop you from downloading the updates automatically for this application.
In order to update it, you are going to do again the following method above and then replace it with the newest version of the Google Duo app.
Here are some frequently asked questions asked by users.
Can you install Google Duo on Windows?
Definitely! You guys can install Google Duo on Windows by using a simple Android emulator. Of course, there is not official Duo app available for computers but you guys can install it using emulators.
Can Google Duo be used on a PC?
Yes, you can easily use this app on a computer. For that visit duo.google.com which is known as ‘Google Duo For Web’.
Can Google Duo be used on PC?
Of course, you can use Google Duo on PC by using the web version. On the other hand, you guys can also install the app using an emulator just like Bluestacks!
Is it free to use Google Duo?
Yes. It is absolutely free to use the Google duo app.
Well, I hope all your doubts are now cleared and you guys can now happily indulge yourself in the video conference using the Google Duo PC app. In case you face any issues while installing Duo for PC, so let me know in the comment section.